Chromium, Like Iron, Copper And Zinc, Is One Of 16 Essential Trace Minerals Your Body Needs To Keep It Healthy And Fit. Like All Other Vitamins, Mineral And Trace Elements . . .
Optimal Amounts Of Biologically Active Chromium (BAC) May Absolutely Be The Answer For Good Health!
Chromium dietary intake in the US varies considerably, depending on one’s dietary habit. Generally, nine of ten Americans are deficient in Chromium, containing less than the minimum safe and adequate amount established by the Nutritional Research Council (50-200 mg/day).
Furthermore, there is a general deficiency of Chromium in the soil contents, especially in Asia. The problem is worse on dieters who restrict their calories and reduce their nutritional intake due to self-selected diet. The same goes for athletes whose nutritional requirements are greater than most people.
Individual’s Chromium requirement may increase with the consumption of refined carbohydrates and simple sugars, strenuous exercise or at times of infections. Food processing may also remove up to 80% of the Chromium in foods, and less than 2% of dietary Chromium can be effectively absorbed by the body. Hence, this would mean that even by eating well, it is difficult to replenish depleted Chromium stores.
The Solution: Chromium Picolinate
The trace mineral Chromium, is an essential component of glucose tolerance factor (GTF). Nature’s Gift Chromium Picolinate helps provide beneficial dietary support for blood sugar regulation, keeping your blood levels balanced in-between meals so that the likelihood to snack may be lessen. A deficiency in Chromium may result in glucose intolerance.
Chromium may also facilitates the binding of insulin to the cell membrane. It has shown to help decrease sugar cravings. Recent studies also indicated chromium supplementation as a potential treatment for acne. People with severe forms of acne are thought to have a low glucose tolerance and / or insulin insensitivity of the skin.
The supplement, Chromium Picolinate has gained attention because of its body composition benefits. In other words, it helps improve the physique by decreasing total body fat and maintaining or increasing lean body mass.
Chromium Picolinate supplementary primarily benefit two groups of people, the moderately obese and young athletes. Several recent clinical studies revealed that a daily intake of 200 micrograms may not always be enough to cause a statistically significant change in body composition, as the studies on each of these group found those taking 400 mcg daily achieved greater success than those on placebos or 200 mcg.
Supplementation alone is unlikely to make a fat person thin, but when combined with low-fat food choices and aerobic exercises, it can be a decisive component of an overall strategy for long-term weight control.
Who Will Benefit From Nature’s Gift Chromium Picolinate?
- Ideal for those with diabetes, pre-diabetes or for those who wish to reduce their risk of getting diabetes.
- Ideal for those who are overweight
- Ideal for those who want to maintain a healthy cholesterol level
- Ideal for those who engage in vigorous exercise and workouts
Scientific Trials Revealed Amazing Health Benefits
- Diabetes regimen consisting of Sulfonylurea (anti-diabetic drug) and Chromium Picolinate have improved glycemic control, increased insulin sensitivity and decreased body weight gain, with evidences of less increase in body fat percentage, less accumulation of visceral subcutaneous and total abdominal fat in individuals with type 2 diabetes¹.
- In a clinical study, individuals who have taken Chromium supplement for six weeks showed significant decrease in total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and apolipoprotein B (the principle protein of LDL fraction) levels. It was so amazing that the effect of Chromium Picolinate in regulating cholesterol sustained over 14 days off-capsules period².
- Individuals who received a daily supplement of 400 mg Chromium Picolinate with controlled caloric intake and energy expenditure demonstrated an improvement in body composition, in which the treated subjects had significantly lose more weight, 7.79 kg compared to 1.81 kg in those without chromium supplement. There was also a greater reduction in body fat percentage (6.30%) compared to 1.20% in non-chromium treated individuals³.
- Martin, J., Julia, V., Wang, Z.Q., Mathews, D.E., Zhang, X.H., Cefalu, W.T. and Wachtel, D. 2006. Chromium picolinate supplementation attenuates body weight gain and increases insulin sensitivity in subjects with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 29: 1826-1832.
- Press, R.I., Geller, J. and Evans, G.W. 1990. The effect of chromium picolinate on serum cholesterol and apolipoprotein fractions in human subjects. The Western Journal of Medicine 152: 41-45.
- Kaats, G.R., Blum, K., Pullin, D., Keith, S.C. and Wood, R. 1998. A randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled study of the effects of chromium picolinate supplementation on body composition: A replication and extension of a previous study. Current Therapeutic Research 59: 379-388.
* This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent diseases.
Take 1 to 3 tablets daily
Nature’s Gift Chromium Picolinate, 90 Tablets, USA
Nature’s Gift Chromium Picolinate concists of Chromium (as Picolinate) 200mcg.
Brunei & East Malaysia Retail Price: RM122.96
Member Price: RM98.26
2 – 11 Pieces: RM94.34
12 or More Pieces: RM90.42
West Malaysia Retail Price: RM119.80
Member Price: RM95.40
2 – 11 Pieces: RM91.60
12 or More Pieces: RM87.75
Singapore Retail Price: S$45.45
Member Price: S$36.30